The PlantCTTM System, from QuantisLabs Ltd. was designed for various applications including vineyard, orchard and arable crop production. The PlantCTTM Systems a site specific management system which continuously monitors and updates the field conditions and data logs environmental conditions; disease risk and pest outbreaks; as well as plant phenological phases based on the standardised BBCH-scale. It can detect multiple pests and spores and predict infections based on collected data
Body and finish
Construction: milled Alu alloy (2036-AlCuMnMg) body
Surface Elaboration: white, pearl blasted
PlantCTTM has a highly weather resistant design, with extreme durability, in a compact design. The housing contains gore tex membrane for internal humidity control.
X 280 mm – 11.024 inches
Y 180 mm – 7.087 inches
Z 36 mm – 1.417 inches
Weight: 4400-4450 gr ( 155-157 oz, 9.7-9.8 pounds)
depending on battery types and internal electronic components applied in production series
The Station Module in the field has several communication
interfaces, such as
- 5-pole connectors for the wired sensors (IP 68, Nieuwe TH387, 4 pcs.)
- WiFi (802.11n 2.4 and 5 GHz) channel for the installation. A sophisticated patch antenna provides high and reliable field strength.
- two λ/4-size antennae, one for the GSM communication with the Backend Server and one for the GPS receiver
- two bi colour LEDs, as indicators of several different working modes and error states (power-on-self-test, idle state, data acquisition mode, communication phases with the Back End server and error states)
The Station Module is equipped with diverse communication channels, such as WiFi and GSM communication. Dedicated test devices can also be connected by wire.
The SIM card (Subscriber Identity Module for GSM communication) is a mini-SIM (25 x 16 x 0.76 mm), according to the ISO/IEC 7816-3 classes.
At the first operation only the SIM’s calling number must be known by the Station Module’s owner. Following the Installation Manual the Station Module can offhand be settled up within 15 minutes.
Spore & Pest detectors
The Spore detector is a unique tool that helps the PlantCTTM system to determine the number of spores on a given field in a given time interval. By knowing this information, the infection threat can be more precisely defined.
The Pest Detector helps the PlantCTTM system to determine what kind of pests are in a particular field in a given time interval. With this pest detector, the system can monitor the amount of the pests and the defense of these pests are more effective by knowing this information.
The LHT sensor group contains basic sensors that are essential for the forecasting models. The LHT contains the air humidity and temperature sensors, and the leaf wetness sensor. The temperature sensors are measuring the air humidity and temperature with very high efficiency and very low margin of error. The leaf wetness sensor is imitating the surface of the leaf of the plant. The measured values are indispensable in the processes of the models because many threats to the plants are required moisture on the leaves temporary or constantly. The data send by the unit are indispensables for the correct forecast so it is one of the most valuable parts of the PlantCTTM system.
The precipitation sensor can measure the value of the precipitation. By accumulating these data, the PlantCTTM main unit can transmit it to the Backend server to preprocessing. Knowing the amount of precipitation is very useful for the irrigation or from the planning of the works on the field to the vintage analysis.
Mast / Tripod
packed for transportation: 1.350 x 280 x 280 mm
packed for transportation 11 kg
mounted 6.5 kg
Longest mechanical component: 1.200 mm
Max. Station Module position 1.9 m
The precisely packed mast – following the short and clear Installation Guide – can within 10 minutes be installed on the field. No screwdriver or other tool is needed. Self-locking nuts and boltings fix the mechanical components together.
The optimal elevation of the Station Module’s solar panel depends on two factors, such as geographical position, and calendar date. A sophisticated mechanical fastening element provides six different levation angles to set.
Infection and spore detection
- Spore collection and sampling.
- Spore classification with Artificial Intelligence and machine learning.
- Spore counting, infection detection treshold level signalization.
- Infection warning and decision support based on spore detection.
Infection and pest detecion
- Pest collection and sampling.
- Pest classification with Artificial Intelligence and machine learning.
- Pest counting, infection detection treshold level signalization.
- Infection warning and decision support based on pest detection.
Canopy and leaf surface sensors
- Phenological phase detection (BBCH scale).
- Leaf area calculation.
- Disease spreading calculations.
- Various canopy calculations.
- Field work recommendation based on visual image recognition.
- Infection prediction (vast amount of prediction models).
- Fungal and pest disease prediction (infection list is available under the Plact cultures and Infections section).
- Severity classification, warning messages and decision support.
Frost prediction and detection
- GPS position based frost prediction – based on weather prediction.
- Prediction data are hardened by on-site measurements to maximize precision.
- Decision support in order to protect the yield or minimize loss.
- Wilting point calculations.
- Soil temperature and soil moisture measurements.
- Drought detection and warning.
- Combining weather prediction data with on site measurements with decision support.
- Observation recording (phenlogical phase, pest and pathogen, weed, nutrient deficiency, extraordinary weather phenomenaes, photo ducumentation, etc.)
- Operation recording (chemical application, irrigation, fertilization, agrotechnical work, etc.)
- Chemical application recording (date of application, brand name, producer name, chemical type, expiration date, active substance, dosage, work hours, cost, etc.)
- Fertilization application recording (date of fertilization, farmyard manure, artificial fertilizer, microelements, active substance, work hours, cost, etc.)
- Work log recording (type of operation, used materials, vis major events, work hours, cost, etc.)
Vintage analysis for growing season evaluation
- Various vintage analysises (growing season, Bioclimatic indices, harvest and yield, statistics).
- Growing season (BEDD, chill sum accumulations, etc.)
- Bioclimatic Indices (BBCH, huglin index, winkler index, cold night index, etc.)
Harvest and Yield (?)
- Statistics (Extreme hot days, hot days, summer days, frost days, icy days, frost index by gladstones, frost index by wolf-boyer, annual rainfall, summer rainfall, winter rainfall, bloom period rainfall, ripening period rainfall, etc.)
Plant area and estate management
- Plant area properties management (size, plan culture, crop, variety, installation date, last, spraying, protection, vine, trelling system, soil type, etc.)
- Estate management (PlantCT™ stations, several estates and plant areas, multiple plant culture support, etc.)
GPS based weather prediction
- GPS based weather prediction service for each and every PlantCT™ device.
- Cooping with micro climate challenges.
- Viualization of past weather prediction errors for better decision support.
- Weather predicion (percipitation, humidity, temperature, wind speed and direction, next 48 hours (details), next 10 days (estimate).
- Automatic theft detection (motion sensor and GPS fence).
- Warning messages and “Find your PlantCT™ on the map” function.
- Supporting traditional, integrated and organic growing methods.
- Decision support for spraying including bee ptotection (user decision).
- Word wide pesticide database with lables including bee hazardous.
Scientific data analysis
- Dedicated function set for advanced users (plant researchers, senior farmers, etc.)
- Data mining like functions.
- Diagram properties (Air temperature, air humidity, pest detection and type, sunny hours, leaf area index, leaf wetness, observations, station movement, heat sum, rain percipitation, spraying, soil temperature, chill sum, phenological stage (BBCH), spore detection+type, soil moisture, hugling index and others).
- Time intervals (Last 24 hours, last 48 hours, 1 week, 10 days, 1 month, season, custom)
- Web based user interface access.
- Mobile optimised muti platform user interface access.
- iOS and Android applications.
User installable - self servicable
- Detailed user manual
- Does not require special tools
- One screwdriver complexity
- Contains only a few screws, almost all parts have own locking system
Decision support system
- Ideal spraying time calculation and detection.